Lake Worth, FL Medicaid Planning Attorney
Book A Free Consultation
When the majority of individuals consider saving for their retirement, they typically factor in average living expenses and travel costs. However, what they often fail to consider is the potential expense of long-term care. As life expectancy continues to increase, more and more seniors find themselves entering nursing homes or assisted living facilities. Given the exorbitant costs associated with long-term care in Florida, it is imperative to plan ahead and seek financial assistance through Medicaid.
Nevertheless, navigating the complexities of Medicaid planning and application can be both confusing and time-consuming. That’s where our Lake Worth Medicaid planning attorney comes in – we can provide guidance and simplify the entire process for you so that you and your loved ones gain peace of mind. Set up a complimentary consultation with our firm today for a customized solution to your needs.
Why Is Medicaid Planning Necessary?
Long-term care costs and coverage are often unknown to many Florida seniors and their families.
- The average cost of a private or semi-private room in a nursing home in Florida is from $60,000 to $80,000 annually, depending on the level of care..
- According to recent estimates, about 20% of today’s 65 year-olds will need long-term care support for longer than 5 years; the majority of today’s 65 year-olds have about a 70% chance of needing some type of long-term care support in their remaining lifetime.
- Medicare does not cover the costs of long-term care, and most private health insurance plans don’t either.
If you’re 65 or older, the likelihood of needing long-term care at some point is a real possibility. However, for seniors residing in or around Lake Worth, it may be difficult to afford such care. What’s even more troubling is that many seniors only realize this when it’s already too late to take action. Without an alternative solution and the assistance of a Medicaid planning attorney specializing in Lake Worth, your savings and planned inheritance for your family could be entirely eaten up by nursing home expenses. Your family may also experience financial hardship as a result.
Medicaid planning is a valuable strategy that can help individuals protect their assets and secure eligibility for Medicaid. By proactively transferring ownership of assets before the 5-year look-back period, individuals can maintain control over their wealth while ensuring they qualify for Medicaid benefits. This approach enables them to leave a substantial legacy for their loved ones without compromising access to essential healthcare support.
What Can Our Lake Worth Medicaid Planning Lawyer Do For You?
Collaborating with a lawyer can simplify and enhance the effectiveness of Medicaid planning and make your life easier. Given the complexity of the Medicaid application procedure as well as the possibility that mistakes could result in losing eligibility or having to start over, it is crucial to seek guidance from a legal expert well-versed in asset protection and Medicaid law. Our principal attorney for Lake Worth’s Medicaid planning, Ryan Smollar, will be by your side throughout every stage of this process. He will…
- Evaluate the different sources from which your income comes and assess your possessions in order to obtain a comprehensive understanding of your financial situation
- Clarify the various legal options available to you, giving you a clear understanding of the choices at your disposal
- Address any questions or concerns you may have about Medicaid planning and long-term care, ensuring that all doubts are satisfactorily resolved
- Create an individualized strategy aimed at protecting your assets while also meeting the eligibility criteria for assistance
- Gather and finalize all necessary paperwork needed for submitting your Medicaid application, simplifying the process for you
- If your application is rejected, he will advocate on your behalf by appealing against denials, leaving no stone unturned in securing positive outcomes for you
- And many other services!
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation Today!
Elder Law, P.A. is devoted to helping elders preserve their legacy through the Medicaid planning process. Our lead attorney, Ryan J. Smollar, has over 10 years of experience protecting the future of his clients and their families, and he would welcome the opportunity to do the same for you. Call today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about the knowledgeable guidance we can offer!
Book A Free Consultation
Lake Worth, FL Practice Areas
Natalie was amazing handling my dads medicaid application process, easy to communicate and we found the process very straight forward with their guidance. We would highly recommend their services to everyone who is in need of elder law, with our family all working full time and busy lives they gave us a peace of mind knowing they were working on getting things done.
Ryan really cares about his clients, and it shows in the way that he advises them. He is extremely knowledgeable about elder law, and explains the rules in a clear manner. The issues can be difficult on family members to discuss, and he handles the material in a compassionate manner.
Why Choose Us?
10 Years Of Legal Experience
Knowledgeable & Compassionate